The Windows machine generates this error –
logon failure: unknown username or password OS X
& re-presents the login page. No amount of credential-checking/switching seems to work.
It appears that there is a Console error generated on the Mac at the same time as the Windows machine tries to connect –
od failed with 2 proto=ntlmv1-with-v2-session
Things to try…
(a) turn samba off and on again in sharing…
System Prefs > Sharing > File Sharing > Options…
(b) change the local security policy on your PC.
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Click System and Maintenance
- Click Administrative Tools
- Double-Click Local Security Policy
- In the left pane, click the triangle next to Local Policy
- In the left pane, click Security Options
- In the right pane near the bottom, double-click “Network security: LAN manager authentication level”
Then try one or both of these options. The 2nd worked for me.
- Click the drop-down box, and try either
“Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”
“Send NTLMv2 response only”
- Click OK